Looking for an easy and flavorful weeknight meal that your whole family will love? This is my son's FAVORITE dinner. He'll actually eat it for breakfast and lunch too. Which is why we call it Charlie's Chicken and Penne:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Cherry Republic Cherry Artisan Mustard
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, halved or cut into tenders.
- 1 lb penne or spiral pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, cayenne, salt, and garlic and whisk until emulsified into a thick sauce.
- Add chicken breasts and marinate overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Prepare pasta as directed and drain.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, put marinade in a small sauce pan and bring to a low boil. Simmer at a low boil for at least 5 full minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite sized piece.
- Combine chicken with cooked pasta and simmering sauce. Toss to fully combine. Season with salt as needed and top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a green salad or vegetable to complete the meal.