Wee Bee Jammin' on Crepes
Posted by Bree Hahn on
Looking for something decadent, delicious, and different to have for breakfast on the weekend? Sometimes, we have crepes with Wee Bee Jammin's Razzle Dazzle jam inside, and it makes the day feel extra special (without a lot of extra effort).
Wee Bee Jammin' Jams are made in Michigan (in Bear Lake) and are low sugar jams so the fruit is the star of the show. They're as equally good on crepes as they are with a savory cheese on a charcuterie board and are in-stock now at Initial Attraction.
Crepes -- they seem fancy, but they're honestly not as hard as they sound. Below is the recipe I use:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 T sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk all ingredients together, ignore the lumps.
- Heat a 5" skillet over moderate heat.
- Spray pan lightly with avocado oil.
- Add 2 soup spoon fulls of batter and tip pan around so that they form a thin layer.*
- When crepe is lightly brown on the underside (and the top is not shiny wet), flip and briefly cook on the other side.
- Remove from pan and add jam, nutella, fruit, or whatever fillings your heart desires.
*Don't worry - they don't have to look perfect or even round! You're just going to roll them up after they're cooked and no one will ever know what shape they were!
Pro tip: spread them with a thin layer of Nutella AND Razzle Dazzle jam - my entire family agrees that more is definitely better in this case -- and a hit of whipped cream on top. Then make sure to plan for a light weekend nap. ;)